Technical description: English double-manual harpsichord which can be coupled to an organ or sounded alone. Compass 60|notes, F₁,G₁ - F₆ [FF,GG - f''']. lower manual 2 × 8-ft, 1 × 4-ft; upper manual 1 × 8-ft with lute stop. Three rows of non-lute jacks are all dog-leg. Lower manual slides in and out, in connection with complex coupling arrangements. Repair History: The original organ was discarded in the 1950s and the present organ (Snetzler, 4495) installed later by Michael Thomas. A new stand for the harpsichord made by Edmund Handy in 2005, using mahogany contemporary with the instrument acquired from the John Barnes workshop.
rodger mirrey, 2005; sheila barnes, 2007; eleanor smith 2011.
Bought by donor c|1965; ex- Michael Thomas; sold by Sothebys to Greville 9.5.58; Gordon Osborn 1957; Messrs Kelly & Co 1883-1885; Mr Ch. Pillow of Chichester a|1872; some time at Nettleford Castle; Mrs Drake; gift of her brother Beeston Long (d.|1785) of Carshalton Park, Surrey.; Gift of Rodger and Lynne Mirrey in 2005.