John Hadley (1731-1764), MD Cantab., FRCP. Professor of chemistry at Cambridge
John Hadley was educated at Queen's College, Cambridge, where he graduated with the degrees of Batchelor of Arts (1753), Master of Arts (1756), and Doctor of Medicine (1763). He became professor of chemistry at Cambridge University in 1756. In 1758 he became a fellow of the Royal Society and two years later an assistant physician at St Thomas' Hospital. Five years later, in 1763, he was appointed physician to the Charterhouse and also became a fellow of the College of Physicians.