Stone sculpture of a horse, lying on the ground about to rise as if startled. This horse was originally located at the top of the Clyde Street Veterinary College building, later abandoned for the School's next location at Summerhall. The horse was taken from the Clyde Street site in 1916, which was demolished in the early 20th century. It moved again in 1971 from atop the MacCallum archway to the roof of the Small Animal Clinic at Summerhall.
The horse was then moved to Easter Bush in 2007.
The horse has a joint in the sandstone around its middle and a concrete ear.